Student visa for Singapore
Singapore has a reputation of being a country with transparency, political stability and having a strongly founded system of education. By choosing to study in Singapore, international students have an opportunity not only be plugged into an education system that promotes excellence, but also be a part of a global community. There are scholarships and waiver of tuition fees for good students. This country has the best of East and West since people from different origins namely Indian, Chinese, Malay and Eurasian live here and English is the commonly used language. This is a multi-cultural country where all festivals are celebrated. You’ll need a Student Visa for Singapore to remain in the country, one that lasts beyond the end of your studies. It is possible to get a short term Social Visit pass for Singapore if the course can be completed within the 30 day limit. Otherwise, if you expect it to go for longer, you will need a student visa for Singapore.
Overseas students at certain institutes of higher education are permitted to work while they study. During term time, these eligible students are permitted to work 16 hours per week. Work permits are not required for those who want to work during holiday.
Why study in Singapore?
- 2nd safest Country to live & Crime Free Country
- The cleanest country
- Hub for Educational Excellence
- World’s No.1 producer of Electronics, Shipping, Logistics & Bunker Oil
- Almost every MNC has its Asia-Pacific Head Office in Singapore making it easier for students to find jobs. I.e., Home to more than 7000 MNC’s.
- Growing steadily at more than 5% rate for many decades with strong links to US, EU, China, India & Japan.
- Processing for PR (Permanent Residency) takes only 73 Days.
- Singapore is the world’s 3rd wired nation and Asia’s most wired one where online banking & mobile lifestyle have become the norm
- Many international students are attracted to the quality UG & PG programs offered by Singapore’s local Universities as well as International Universities based in Singapore