Canadian Experience Class

Canadian Experience Class

Canadian Experience Class (CEC) allows foreign students of Canadian colleges and universities and holders of Canadian work permits, preferential eligibility for permanent residence if they meet certain criteria.

You need to meet these requirements to apply under the Canadian Experience Class. You must:

  • plan to live outside the province of Quebec
  • have at least 12 months of full-time (or an equal amount in part-time) skilled work experience in Canada in the three years before you apply,
  • have gained your experience in Canada with the proper authorization
  • apply while working in Canada or within one year of leaving your job in Canada
  • Meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening)
Skilled work experience

According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

  • Managerial
  • Professional jobs
  • Technical jobs and skilled trades
    • You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week.
    • To find out which group your job falls under
    • If the details and list of main duties for a job under NOC skill types 0, A or B match what you did while you worked in Canada, your job is likely in that group. If it does not, look at the list to see if another job matches your experience.
× Chat on WhatsApp