Citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must obtain a visa, either a non-immigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence.
The “visitor” visa is a non-immigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1), for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2), or combination of both (B-1/B-2) purposes. Travelers on B-1 Business Visas and B-2 Tourist Visas are usually allowed to stay in the United States for a period of up to six months, with the possibility of extension for up to six additional months.
Facts about USA Visitor Visa
- Visitor Visa / tourist visa also known as non-immigrant B1-B2 or B2 visa.
- Visitor Visa is granted for a specific purpose only, like tourism, medical treatment, etc.
- You are not allowed to work in USA on this visa.
- You cannot be involved in any business activities.
- You cannot study in USA on this visa.
- Maximum length of stay in USA can be 6 months and subject to grant at the port of entry at US airport on arrival.
- You may extend the visitor visa for another 6 months by submitting an extension application with USCIS and pay applicable fee.
To be eligible for a Tourist Visa you must:
- Hold a valid passport
- Intend to return to your country of residence once the visa expires
- Have the necessary financial capacity to support yourself while visiting America
- Be of good character
- For more information contact us
Contact us at any of the VisaDay Offices for precise and reliable advice or fill the online assessment form for a quick review of your case. VisaDay commits to get back to you within 24 business hours.