US Visitor Visa

Citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must obtain a visa, either a non-immigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence.

The “visitor” visa is a non-immigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1), for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2), or combination of both (B-1/B-2) purposes. Travelers on B-1 Business Visas and B-2 Tourist Visas are usually allowed to stay in the United States for a period of up to six months, with the possibility of extension for up to six additional months.

Facts about USA Visitor Visa

  • Visitor Visa / tourist visa also known as non-immigrant B1-B2 or B2 visa.
  • Visitor Visa is granted for a specific purpose only, like tourism, medical treatment, etc.
  • You are not allowed to work in USA on this visa.
  • You cannot be involved in any business activities.
  • You cannot study in USA on this visa.
  • Maximum length of stay in USA can be 6 months and subject to grant at the port of entry at US airport on arrival.
  • You may extend the visitor visa for another 6 months by submitting an extension application with USCIS and pay applicable fee.

To be eligible for a Tourist Visa you must:

  • Hold a valid passport
  • Intend to return to your country of residence once the visa expires
  • Have the necessary financial capacity to support yourself while visiting America
  • Be of good character
  • For more information contact us

Contact us at any of the VisaDay Offices for precise and reliable advice or fill the online assessment form for a quick review of your case. VisaDay commits to get back to you within 24 business hours.

Leave a comment