Visitor Visa allows you to visit Canada either to sight see or visit family/friends. Visitor Visa generally granted for 6 months and above. Applications are made through the VFS and personal interviews are rarely called for. The key to a successful application is genuine intent to visit, accurate documentation & forms.Visitors are not permitted to work on this visa and are expected to leave Canada before the visa expires. Applicants can visit Canada along with their dependents and children. Spouse, common law partner and dependent children over 18 years of age are required to apply individually for their own visiting visas and meet the appropriate criteria.
There are three categories of visitor visas:
Single Entry Visa.This visa allows the applicants to visit Canada once for a period of 6 months. However, the applicant can apply for an extension of a minimum 30 days before the expiry of the original visa, when they are in Canada.
Multiple Entry Visa.Under this visa category, applicants can travel to and from Canada on many occasions within the validity period of the Canadian travel visa. The applicant must specify the length of time he/she requires and the time awarded subsequently depends on the case officer.
Transit Visa.This category is designed for the people transiting through Canada on the way to another destination; the length of stay should be no longer than 48 hours.
Benefits by having Visitor Visa:
- You will be allowed to travel throughout Canada and visit Canada’s many attractions
- You can visit family and friends anywhere in Canada
- Visitors can also register for short courses relating to the courses of general interest, or to learn English or French
- Visitors can meet with prospective employers or recruiters in pursuit of employment opportunities
- Have a valid travel document, such as a passport
- Be in good health
- Satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home, financial assets and family, that will take you back to your country of origin
- Satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit
- Have enough money for your stay
- For further information contact us
Contact us at any of the VisaDay Offices for precise and reliable advice or fill the online assessment form for a quick review of your case. VisaDay commits to get back to you within 24 business hours.