To study in Canada You must obtain a study permit. You should apply for student visa before you come to Canada if you think you may wish to continue your studies in another program after you complete the short-term course or program. More than 130,000 students come to study in Canada every year
- Gain Canadian work experience
- You can work part-time on campus at the college or university at which you are registered as a full-time student
- Apply to renew your Study Permit within Canada, if you decide to continue studying in Canada
- Experience Canada’s high-quality education system, state of the art research facilities, and distinct post-graduate employment opportunities
- Students are also entitled to apply for Off-Campus Work visa after 6 months
- Remain in Canada for up to 2 years, as they are also entitled to apply for the Post-Graduation Work Visa
- you must have offer letter school, college, university or other educational institution in Canada
- you must prove that you have enough money to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses for yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada and
- you must be a law-abiding citizen with no criminal record and not be a risk to the security of Canada. You may have to provide a police certificate
- you must be in good health and willing to complete a medical examination
- you must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay
- for further information contact us
Off Campus Work Permit
International students are now able to work off campus. Once you have been a full time student for 6 months and if you have maintained good academic standing – you can apply for an Off Campus Work Permit.
If you want to work off campus while you study in Canada, you must be registered as a full-time student at an eligible post-secondary educational institution participating in the Off-Campus Work Permit Program. It is illegal for you to work in Canada with an invalid work permit. The work permit will be invalid if you do not meet the eligibility requirements of the Off-Campus Work Permit Program.
- have a valid study permit
- study at a participating institution
- have been a full-time student for at least six of the 12 months preceding the date of your work permit application
- sign a form authorizing the institution, the province, and Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to share your personal information (to confirm that you are continuing to study full time and that you are in satisfactory academic standing).
- for further information, contact us
You are not eligible to apply for an Off-Campus Work Permit if you are:
- Participating in a Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship Program funded by Canada’s Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT)
- Participating in a Government of Canada Awards Program funded by DFAIT
- Receiving funding from the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Participating in the Equal Opportunity Scholarship Program, Canada-Chile
- Participating in the Scholars Exchanges Program
- Participating in the Organization of American States Fellowships Program
- Attending a participating institution and registered in either an English as a Second Language or French as a Second Language program or
- A visiting or exchange student
Work as a co–op student or intern
For some academic programs, work experience is part of the curriculum. Foreign students who wish to participate in a co-op or internship program must apply for a work permit as well as a study permit.
- You must have a valid study permit
- Your intended employment must be an essential part of your program of study in Canada
- Your employment must be part of your academic program, certified by a letter from a responsible academic official of the institution
- Your co-op or internship employment cannot form more than 50% (percent) of the total program of study
- For further information, contact us
Post-graduation work permit
The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWP) issues work permits to foreign post-secondary students who wish to remain temporarily in Canada after graduation to work in their field of study.
Work permits issued under the PGWP program can be valid for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years. The study program must be at least for 8 months.
By Having Post-Graduation Work Permit You:
- Can gain valuable Canadian experience
- There will be no restrictions on the type of employment undertaken
- There will be no need to have a job offer before a Canada Post Graduate Work Permit is granted
- The applicant will be able to apply for Canadian citizenship through Canadian Experience Class program
- Must have studied full-time for the eight months preceding the completion of their program (please see note below) and must have graduated from:
- A public post-secondary educational institution (university, college, or CEGEP)
- A Private post-secondary educational institution that operates under the same rules and regulations as public institutions, and receives at least 50 per cent of its financing for operations from government grants
- A Canadian private educational institution authorized by provincial or territorial statute to confer degrees
- Must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation from their academic institution that they have met the requirements of their program.
- Must have completed and passed the program of study and received written notification that they are eligible to obtain their degree, diploma, or certificate
- Must have a valid study permit when applying for the work permit
- For further information, contact us
SPP Stands for Student Partnership Program. SPP has been designed to create a special processing channel. Applying under SPP is safer for getting student visa for Canada. It is specially created for Indian students because the refusal rate of CSV (Canada Student Visa) applicants from India was highest. As there are maximum numbers of students from India who apply for a CSV, Canadian Immigration Authorities are giving the opportunities to Indian Students to apply under SPP.
Under SPP students apply to a participating College and may be considered under the program if they meet specific criteria of IELTS minimum 6.5 bands overall and student should have above 55% marks in 12th. Different courses have different requirements as well. Student must sign the consent declaration on the SPP Checklist in order to be processed under this program. Application submission under the SPP is at the discretion of each participating college.
Advantages of SPP System
- Chances of Student Visa approval are very high
- Income proof Documents are not required
- There is no requirement to show funds as this was taken care of Bank loan
- Quick turnout of the Visa application
List of Colleges that come under SPP:
- Algonquin College
- Bow Valley College
- Cambrian College of Applied Arts & Technology
- Camosun College
- Centennial College of Applied Arts & Technology
- College of New Caledonia
- College of the Rockies
- Columbia College
- Conestoga College
- Confederation College of Applied Arts & Technology
- Douglas College
- Durham College
- Fanshawe College of Applied Arts & Technology
- Fleming College
- George Brown College
- Georgian College of Applied Arts & Technology
- Grant MacEwan University
- Humber College Institute of Tech. & Advanced Learning
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Lambton College of Applied Arts & Technology
- Loyalist College of Applied Arts & Technology
- Marine Institute of Memorial University
- Medicine Hat College
- Mohawk College of Applied Arts & Technology
- Niagara College
- North Island College
- Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Northern College
- Northern Lights
- Okanagan College
- Red River College of Applied Arts, Science & Technology
- Selkirk College
- Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
- Sheridan Institute of Technology & Advanced Learning
- St-Clair College of Applied Arts & Technology
- St. Lawrence College
- Vancouver Island University
- Vancouver Community College
VisaDay Services & Advantages
VisaDayServices for Study Visa
VisaDay understands the roles and activities that both providers and agents play in the international education industry. We specifically aim to better understand good practice education management and build a better relationship with the education providers. Our activities are based on the needs of education providers and students.
For the students, we provide comprehensive services for their “study abroad” needs:
- Providing information on the range of education options, courses and pathways.
- Providing information on destination country- travel, lifestyle, accommodation etc.
- Providing education counseling to ensure the most appropriate course selection.
- Processing applications and submitting them to education providers.
- Processing visa applications.
- Providing “in house” IELTS training.
- Providing a “one stop shop” for students to increase student’s overall satisfaction with the experience.
VisaDay provides students with full service for Canadian immigration and settlement assistance.
1. Application Stage
- Personal guidance to help you choose courses that perfectly fit your career and goals
- Assistance to choose an institute that would best suit your personal, academic and financial profile
- Special attention is given to your application highlighting the areas essential for a well presented, error free application. VisaDay follows up with the chosen universities and ensures positive and prompt response
2. Interview Preparation Stage & Visa Documentation Stage
- VisaDay helps you in interview preparation
- Specific attention to important facets of the interview process
- Full comprehensive preparation of file as per the check list
- Specific attention to documents pertaining to the different countries
- Monitoring of deadlines and timely submission of the file
- Detailed analysis of finances and presenting these with clarity
- Full support based on the vast experience in the field of visa documents processing
3. Pre-departure Assistance
- Coordinate arrival with college /university authorities
- Briefings on overseas insurance and medical cover
- Briefings on banking facilities and money transfer
- Booking and coordination of hotel accommodation with college authorities
- Briefing on security aspects and preparation for the course
4. Post-Landing Assistance
- Full coordination and briefing regarding arrival at destination
- Briefing on airport arrival and airport documentation formalities
- Ensuring correct knowledge of immigration /visa documents to be filled and employment stamp, these are coordinated with the college and university
- The candidates are guided through all the admission formalities at the college and thus we help them take their first step in the world of Education in Canada.
Contact us at any of the VisaDay Offices for precise and reliable advice or fill the online assessment form for a quick review of your case. VisaDay commits to get back to you within 24 business hours.